The FONAR UPRIGHT® Multi-Position™ MRI
While the FONAR UPRIGHT® Multi-Position™ MRI is great for claustrophobic or very large individuals, its advantages far exceed what is necessary to accommodate such patients. In addition to its patient-friendly design, this machine offers unique and unmatched capabilities in weight-bearing and Multi-Position™ MRI imaging.
“My back really hurts when I stand in line at the grocery store or bend over to load the dishwasher.” or “My neck pain is awful and my arm starts to feel funny when I sit and stare at the computer screen.” Does this sound familiar? As pain or discomfort is typically brought on by everyday activities, it only makes sense that a medical test could actually show what is happening inside your body while you are really in these specific positions. With FONAR’s UPRIGHT® MRI, these positions can be replicated, which can in turn lead to a more accurate diagnosis.
As the first and only MRI machine capable of scanning patients in weight-bearing and non-traditional positions, the UPRIGHT® MRI’s unmatched features make it truly state-of-the-art in the field of diagnostic imaging. The scanner’s one of kind magnet configuration places opposing magnetic poles on each side of the patient, facilitating the ability to scan in multiple positions including seated, standing, bending, flexion and extension, or recumbent. The generous space between the vertically oriented magnets enables our machine to scan patients of most statures.
Benefits for the Patient:
- Non-claustrophobic MRI design for ultimate patient comfort
- Weight-bearing and multi-positional scanning detects issues in true postures
- Spacious design can accommodate up to 500 pounds
- Watch TV or a movie during your scan for a relaxed environment
- Knowledgeable and caring Technologists with over 20 years of experience
- Results within 24 hours
- Extended hours and weekend appointments available
- Friendly and compassionate staff to address any questions or concerns you may have
- Comparable pricing to traditional MRI
- Accept most major insurance plans as well as Medicare, Worker’s Compensation, and Letters of Protection (LOPs)
- Payment plans available upon request